You are invited! My blog is celebrating 2 years today!

Hello and Welcome!


A blogger friend's baby daughter turned one yesterday, and she - the mommy - posted on Facebook "anyone want to tell me how an entire year passes so quickly?"

Times really flies when you're having fun, right? Happy Birthday, Whitlee!

It doesn't feel like two years ago that I raced to Zurich for a spur of the moment purchase of a purse to accommodate my work papers. Did you know that Dads are thinking about carrying a cool, manly purse, too, these days? Anyway - my own purse story felt too lengthy to be a Facebook post, so - another spur of the moment thing - I decided to start a blog! And that's how my first post was born. I won't be able to submit it for any awards for sure, but I like to think that the second one was already more entertaining. It's about a 4 year old who needs to learn that "going out for dinner" doesn't necessarily mean grabbing a cheeseburger at BK. Even though there's nothing wrong with that: Decision making


when I started out, I hardly knew any other bloggers. One of the first was Candice at Measurements of Love with whom I have a couple of things in common: our sons are the same age, and we both like to bake and do crafts. Only Candice's stuff turns out soooo much nicer:


Nice!
I love cherries, and I love chocolate, so I was quick to try her Dark Chocolate Cherry Muffins recipe. Something went wrong, though. They looked like extinct volcanoes:


2013 - not so nice
But you know what they say. If you fall off your horse, it's best to mount it again immediately. Well, it took me a year, but hey, they turned out nicely this time!

2014 - that's more like it!
I was on a roll now. Found another recipe that sounded delicious: Chocolate Cherry Cake

Original picture by Alia

What is wrong with me? I can't offer this to my guests?

This is the one piece that looked decent.It tastes delicious, too.
I guess I'll try again next year. I already have the perfect cherry triplets that I'll put in the freezer for my 3rd blogversary cake ;-)


Bought them from a roadside sales stand last night.







I want to thank you for reading my blog! Hope to see you around in the future, too!

Here's to you!


My dream glasses!
Swarovski
I'd be too afraid to break them,

because… glass -
but aren't they gorgeous?

Comments