A-Z Blogging Challenge - S is for Sleepless in Seattle

Sleepless in Seattle is one of my all time favourite movies, so it is only fitting to dedicate the letter S to it!


Even if you don't know or like the movie (you would probably not read my blog if you didn't, tough), when you are visiting Seattle it's very likely that you come across locations where scenes have been filmed.

Like the Pike Place Market.



This is where Sam (and Victoria, the girl who - according to Sam's 8yo son Jonah - was laughing like a hyena) went groceries shopping for dinner:


One night Sam and his coworker Jay have dinner and discuss dating at this restaurant:




They were sitting right here:




A long time ago I found out that Sam Baldwin's floating home really exists, and I wanted to check it out.


I asked my GPS to take me to "2640 Westlake Avenue North", and it did. This is how close I got:


Apparently the new owner built this wooden fence to keep out noisy tourists like me :-(



That's why, with Julia Sweeten's permission, I am using one of her pictures, taken from her Sleepless in Seattle post. Just to refreshen your memory!


Thinking about the movie I began to wonder... 

What might have happened after they met on top of the Empire State Building?

  • Did Annie move to Seattle? Did Sam and Jonah move to Baltimore? Did they move to somehwere in the middle?
  • Did they get married, did they have a baby? 
  • Are they still together?
  • How old are they now? Jonah, 8 years old in 1993, is 31 today, all grown up, probably married to a type Annie who can peel an apple in one long curly strip and who thinks that Brooks Robinson is the best third baseman! Annie and Sam were in their early 30s which places them in their mid 50s.


How about you?

Do you like Sleepless in Seattle? 
What is your favorite scene?

Comments