Top Ten Thursday - Christmas Songs

Welcome to Top Ten Thursday!





Today we're trying to narrow down our favourite Christmas songs to the ultimate Top Ten list! 

If for nothing else this activity is good for taking a break from running around like a crazy person... Which I have been in need of! The slowing down, that is!

Turn on your speakerphones and let's go!





Michael Bublé - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas





Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you



John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War is over)



WHAM! - Last Christmas



Randy Travis - Jingle Bells Rock



Frank Sinatra - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow



Ray Charles - Winter Wonderland 



Chris Rea - Driving home for Christmas



Band Aid - Do they know it's Christmas time?



The Jets - Rockin around the Christmas Tree


To me it's all about who performs a particular song. 

Take "Jingle Bells Rock" - the version I like was on a Christmas CD I had back in I don't even know. I lost that CD, and I have never been able to find out the name of the guy. 

Until today. Can you believe there are way over 100 interpretations? 

What's a top ten post without a bonus contribution? Here you go, my favourite Christmas song in Swiss German, it's all about Christmas cookies ;-)





Now it's your turn! tell us about your favourite Christmas songs below in comments or link up your own post using the link-tool!


Today is gone - let's see what we are up to next week (Dec 15) ten things you (could) do to keep sane during the Holiday season? We'd like to hear about them, go and sign up here!

Dec 22nd we may be in need of some last minute Christmas hacks: recipe ideas, gifts for those who have everything, quick clean up tricks - bring them on! Sign up here!


Comments